Govt. ITI Kannur is one of the major Industrial Training Institute in Kerala, and the largest institute in North Kerala. This Institute is established on 1957.
The courses were affiliated with National Council for Vocational Training, Govt. of India (NCVT)
Thus Govt. ITI Kannur is functioning as one of the leading ITI’s not in Kerala but in country too.
All ITI’s are working under the craftsman training scheme of Ministry of labour, Govt of India since 1950.
The main objectives of the scheme are
1. Produce trained manpower in different disciplines for the development of our nation
2. To improve the quality of the industrial products and increases the productivity through the trained and skilled labour from I.T.I’s
3. Reduce the un employment problems, which is one of the major huddles facing by India, by providing self employability for the youth.
4. To fulfill the demand and supply side of training needs appropriately.
5. The trained man power of the labour force in India is below 20%, this has to be improved and matched the needs of skilled labour with world labour market.
The trained man power of the labour force in India is below 20%, this has to be improved and matched the needs of skilled labour with world labour marketour market.
The Director General of Employment and Training (DGET) under ministry of labour (MOL) of Govt. of India decides the policy matter on the training scheme, and the National Council for Vocational Training (NCVT) designs the scheme, syllabus, curriculum, training methodology etc. for different training programs and it is implementing through State Govt.
The Director of Employment and Training, Govt. of Kerala is the head of Industrial Training Department in our state.
The Institute is located in Kannur district which is known as the land of looms and lores. The campus of I.T.I is located at Thottada village, Edakkad Grama Panchayath and near by the Kannur- Tellichery National Highway-17. The nearest railway station and bus station is Kannur which is 10Km away, towards north from the I.T.I campus.
1. The candidate who had additional qualification such as +2 pass in the case of matric candidates and SSLC pass in the case of non-matric candidates are eligible for an additional bonus mark of 20.
2. The first and second prize winner of state youth festival will get 10% and 5% of bonus mark respectively.
3. Who passed A/B/C certificate examinations under NCC is eligible for bonus marks of 5,7,10 respectively.
4. The candidates from the backward district-Idukki, Malappuram, Wayanad and Kasaragod and from selected department bocks will get additional bonus marks of 10.
The Index marks for the trade of +2 based trades will be calculated as the percentage mark of qualifying examination and additional bonus marks for higher qualification.
The training at I.T.I’s is completely free and the trainees are eligible for monthly stipend, observing their family income and other stipend from SC/ST/OEC development based, different labour welfare board etc. are also distributing to the eligible candidates under these categories..